POWER PAC CONFERENCE (PPC)
Eastern Connecticut travel team basketball league is comprised of 3rd-8th grade boys & girls travel teams from Eastern Connecticut. This Fall & Winter league is highly competitive with teams from, New London, Waterford, Windham, East Lyme, Groton, Norwich, Mashantucket, Stonington, Madison, Mansfield, Colchester, Columbia, Hampton/Chaplin, Westerly R.I., Guilford, Franklin, Stonington, Preston, East Haddam, Griswold, & Lisbon.
POWER PAC CONFERENCE 2016-17 REGISTRATION INFO
EASTERN CONNECTICUT YOUTH TRAVEL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Early pre-Registration starts 8/21/16, submit team gender, grade & town to email@example.com
FINAL TEAM COMMITMENT AND TEAM PAYMENT NOVEMBER 4, 2016.
Team must honor set schedule for the season.
Scheduling request must be summited by November 4, 2016.
League Team Fee: $125, this fee does not apply to teams hosting 6 or more games.
Forfeit / Cancellation Fee:
Teams hosting games must summit dates, time & location by November 4, 5:00pm
Forfeit / Cancellation Fee: $80 cancellation must be maintained, Fee is refundable if team does not forfeit or cancel game. All teams $30 fee for XJAM (three games conference games, All-Star games, Shoot-out 3pt & free throw contest, skills & drills obstacle course ) December 17-18, please clear your game schedule.
All fees must be received by November 4, 2016.
Check or Money order Payable to: Mashantucket Parks & Recreation
Send payment: Att: Wayne Reels, P.O. Box 3442, Mashantucket, CT 06338
Girls combined Divisions: 5th & 6th / 7 & 8 Boys Divisions: 4th / 5th / 6th / 7th /8th
Winter warm-up tournament (POOL PLAY & AWARDS): November 25 & 27 (3 games Fee $120 )
XJAM: Dec 17 & 18 Conn College, $30 team fee.
Conference play: 12 conference games (weather permitting), plus play-off tournament, awards banquet. Teams can be scheduled for additional non-conference games if gym time permits.
WINTER WARMUP (Non-league tournament- pool play and wards): NOVEMBER 25-27
WEEK-1 DEC 3 & 4 / WEEK-2 DEC 10 & 11 /WEEK-3 DEC 17 & 18 XJAM CONN COLLEGE / WEEK-4 JANUARY 7 & 8 WEEK-5 JANUARY 14 & 15 / WEEK-6 JANUARY 21 & 22 / WEEK-7 JANUARY 28-29 / WEEK-8 FEBRUARY 4 & 5 WEEK-9 FEBRUARY 11 & 12 / WEEK-10 FEBRUARY 18 & 19
PPC LEAGUE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE: WEEK-11 FEBRUARY 20 & 26 / WEEK-12 MARCH 1 & 5
POWER PAC CONFERENCE (PPC) 2016-17 SEASON
PPC TEAM COORDINATORS & COACHES MEETING:
August 22, 6:00pm MCC
WINTER WARMUP SCHEDULE:
CONFERENCE GAME SCHEDULE (NO LESS THAN 12 GAMES WEATHER PERMITTING):
WEEK-1 DEC 3 & 4
WEEK-2 DEC 10 & 11
WEEK-3 DEC 17 & 18 XJAM CONN COLLEGE
WEEK-4 JANUARY 7 & 8
WEEK-5 JANUARY 14 & 15
WEEK-6 JANUARY 21 & 22
WEEK-7 JANUARY 28-29
WEEK-8 FEBRUARY 4 & 5
WEEK-9 FEBRUARY 11 & 12
WEEK-10 FEBRUARY 18 & 19
PPC LEAGUE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
WEEK-11 FEBRUARY 20 & 26
WEEK-12 MARCH 1 & 5
MASHANTUCKET MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (TRAVEL & AAU):
Date: November 25th - 27th, 2016
Location: Mashantucket Community Center (MCC) 2 Matts Path, Mashantucket CT 06338
Fee: $120, Three Games Plus, Payment due by November 18, Payable to Mashantucket parks & recreation
(*no cash, check or money order only)
Mailing address: PO Box 3442, Mashantucket CT 06338
Championship games, awards for winners (Please check for open slot before sending payment)
Contact: Wayne Reels 860-373-4485 firstname.lastname@example.org
Divisions: Boys Grades: 4th / 5th / 6th / 7th / 8th
CIAC RULES APPLY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PPC RULES & REGULATIONS GAME RULES:
1) UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY PLAYERS, COACHES, STAFF, OR GENERAL PUBLIC!
2) Two 18 minutes halves with running time except for free throws, time-outs, ref’s discretion, last two minutes of each half clock stops on the whistle.
3) (A)Mercy rule: If a team is up by 20 or more points during second half the clock remains running except for timeouts, & referees discretion, if the score drops below 20 points normal play resumes. (B) No full court press if your team is winning by 20 points.
4) One & One foul shots on tenth foul of each half, two foul shots on and after the twelfth foul of each half.
5) 3 minute warm-up pre-game & 3 minute half time break if time permits.
6) 2 minute overtime period stopped time & one full timeout per-overtime.
7) One full and two 30 second timeouts per-game, no carry over to overtime.
8) Only three coaches on bench during game.
9) 4th, 5th & 6th grade boys divisions will play with 28.5 ball, Boys 7th & 8th will play with 29.5
10) Home team must provide experienced official bookkeeper.
11) Visiting team must operate game clock.
12) Team must have 5 players to start the game also teams must be ready to play 10 Minutes before scheduled time.
13) Teams must provide their own warm-up basketballs.
14) Home team must provide game ball.
15) Game jersey must have visible numbers on back.
16) Home team wears light jerseys.
17) Teams must provide their own first aid kit.